Accountants & Business Consultants
Treating Clients as Friends for 29 Years
Welcome to 2018 Tax Filing Season
NEW TAX LAWS:
For this tax year 2017 (returns to be filed in 2018), tax laws remained largely unchanged from the prior year. However, the recently enacted "Tax Cuts & Jobs Act" is already in effect for 2018. We will summarize main provisions of the "New Tax Law" that affect many clients and can also discuss possible impacts specific to your situation during our appointment.
CLIENT LETTER & WORKSHEET - 2018 (for Tax Year 2017):
The "Annual Tax Letter and Worksheets" are now available. These will also be mailed starting January 15 to the address on record. Please contact us with your new address if you've moved since our last contact.
2018 Tax Appointments Calendar is open for bookings.
Go to the "Book An Appointment" tab on left or click button below to select a date/ time that's convenient to you.
IRS ANNOUNCED IT WILL BEGIN TO ACCEPT TAX RETURNS ON JANUARY 29th
Certain returns that include the Earned Income Credit, Capital Gains & Losses, and other complications may not be accepted until mid-February. Be assured that if your appointment is earlier and we've received all necessary documents, your tax returns will be submitted as soon as the IRS 'opens'.
NEW FILING DEADLINES:
Federal Government filing deadlines as follows:
- Personal and Single Member (one-owner LLC's) - April 17, 2018 Extension Expires - October 15
- Partnerships, Multiple Member LLC's and S-Corporations - March 15,2018 Extension expires September 15
- C Corporation - April 15, 2018 Extension expires October 15
- Foreign Bank Account Reporting - April 15, 2018 Extension expires October 15
Please send all E-MAIL messages to: Taxaccserv@BRISAFinancial.com.
It is highly recommended that you DO NOT SEND DOCUMENTS VIA E-MAIL. Instead ensure to use our Secure Server to send any tax documents (see link below) or fax or mail.
- SECURE AND EASY WAY TO SEND TAX DOCUMENTS & IMPROVED DATA PROTECTION VIA OUR SECURE SERVER:
P.O. BOX 8
PERRINEVILLE, N.J. 08535
IDENTITY THEFT & SCAMS:
Great concern continues globally over tax return fraud from stolen identity.
NOTE: THE IRS WILL NEVER CALL YOU DIRECTLY OR CONTACT YOU VIA EMAIL. IF YOU RECEIVE A CALL FROM SOMEONE CLAIMING TO BE THE IRS, HANG UP AND NOTIFY AUTHORITIES. DO NOT ENGAGE IN CONVERSATION OR RESPOND TO EMAILS - THE LONGER YOU REMAIN ON THE PHONE OR IN CONTACT LOOP, THE MORE RISK YOU FACE.
See tab on left "Fraud Alert - How to Protect Your Information".
Avoid Common Penalties:
Select tab on left to see guidelines.
STATUS OF YOUR REFUNDS
IRS and most states allow you to check the status of your refund on-line. We've provided direct links for states used most commonly by our clients.
BRISA Financial Services Company Overview
Since 1990, we’ve provided personalized professional accounting, tax preparation, business consulting and start-up services to:
-Individuals and Their Families
-Businesses - Corporations, LLC’s, Partnerships, Sole Proprietorships
We started as a small firm dedicated to tailoring a very personalized approach for each client and have never forgotten what has kept us in business and growing for 29 consecutive years:
First, and Foremost a Personalized Core Approach:
No cookie-cutter, impersonal services here…
1. Firstly, we take the view that we are your trusted partners, friends and
2. Our information finding session/ interview is personal, friendly and exhaustive while respecting your privacy.
3. We spend the time to get to know all the particulars of your situation and guide you through the process in a friendly and constructive manner.
4. We put ourselves in your shoes and work with you through the thought process to bring out ideas, and customize an optimal strategy for your particular situation.
5. We prepare your work with the same care and diligence as if it were our own.
We have in-depth knowledge and expertise in a wide spectrum of industries and professions covering Artists to Zookeepers. Since we work through referrals only, our focus is on doing our personal best for each and every client, every time. We never take clients for granted or short-cuts that compromise the quality of our work ~ the ultimate goal is to look out for your interest and establish long-lasting relationships.
We utilize over 30 years of diversified professional and real-life experiences to focus on what's important to you.
1. Tax Preparation and Statutory Filings (Personal & Business)
2. Electronic Filing (Federal & All States)
3. Financial Statements Compilation & Write-up
4. Proposals to Banks, Prospective Employers & Other Third Parties
5. Accounting and Bookkeeping
6. Accounting Structure Set-up
7. Business Formation & Incorporations